Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5
- Typing Instructor is a registered trademark and box images and screenshots are copyrights of Individual Software Inc.
- Kids learn to type on an exciting adventure on Typer Island
- Teaches keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan - Meets National NETS/ISTE and Common Core Standards
- Step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests, and exciting typing games motivate kids to keep typing, learn in English or Spanish
- Product is delivered in a closed factory fresh box and includes the current version and unused activation code
The Exciting Way for Kids to Learn to Type!
Kids learn to type on an exciting adventure on Typer Island. They learn all keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan. Step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests, and games motivate kids to keep typing their way around the Island to reach the Castle, advance to the Lost City, and become touch-typists! Kids can learn in English or Spanish.
Kids type their way around Typer Island to reach the Castle and advance to the Lost City!
Island Adventure Theme Motivates Kids to Improve Typing Skills Reward-Seeking Program!
This program offers rewards every step of the way! Kids visit distinct lands for lessons, challenges, tests, and games. They search for treasures, earn points, and add gold and jewels to their treasure box, on a journey to reach the Castle and become the Ruler of Typer Island. Once they reach the Castle, they advance to the Lost City, for more challenges and exciting games!Explore Distinct Lands!
Kids visit The Old West, On the Water, In the Air, Over the Edge, and Under the Sea. They can take a break from lessons and go to Explorer Isle to play games, or to Story Lagoon to practice typing stories from Classic Literature and Fairy Tales.Exciting Castle Adventures!
Once kids get to the Castle, they can play new games, like Tomb Typer and Xtreme Typing, and they can go to the Lost City for Treasure Quest and the ever-challenging Ziggy!
The Lost City is underwater and only accessible by first Capturing the Castle!
The Mysterious Lost City!
Kids get to visit the Lost City once they complete the lessons, tests, and challenges of all five lands on Typer Island and "Capture the Castle!" In the Lost City they can explore the ruins and the shipwreck, and play Treasure Quest, the first typing adventure game, and the challenging arcade action game, Ziggy.30+ Game Challenges!
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum uses "Entertainment Explosion," to make learning to type fun and exciting. Kids can play games in a variety of ways by selecting options from the game settings menu. Arcade-style play and multiple levels make games extremely challenging and fun.Typing Challenges and Tests Increase Speed and Accuracy Typing Challenges
There are over 30 typing challenges. These include:
- Comprehensive Evaluation
- Timed Challenges
- Advanced Level Challenges
- Multi-Level Game Challenges
There are hundreds of tests in Typing Instructor Platinum for Kids. Tests measure speed and accuracy, and results are provided for adjusted words per minute, based on both typing accuracy and speed.Instant Results Give Kids Incentive to Improve Keyboarding Skills Typing Progress Results
Instant Feedback is provided on typing results. Kids can see how they did on a lesson, challenge, test, or game right away. Results are given for:
- WPM scores & Accuracy Percentages
- Results Calculated from All Activities
- Performance Assessment for Key, Finger, Hand & Row
- Printable Results
- Results Tracked for five Typists
Performance assessments are provided by key, finger, hand, and row.
Certificates of Achievement
Kids can print a certificate of achievement to show they have successfully conquered Typer Island and Rule the Island!Charts and Feedback
Detailed results show kids the keys they know well and the keys that need more practice.Creative Lessons and Exercises Help Kids Learn to Type
Step-by-Step Typing Instruction is provided, including proper posture, finger position, and ergonomic features. Visual Guides show finger/key placement.
Lessons include step-by-step instruction with visual 3D guide hands.
There are 10 customized lesson plans to teach kids of all ages to type:
- Learning the Home Row
- Home Row and Upper Row
- Home Row and Lower Row
- Ages 7-8
- Ages 9-10
- Games Plan
- Skill Building Plan
- Suggested Typing Plan (no games)
- Suggested Typing Plan
There are 160 lessons, in English and Spanish. All lessons include:
- Structured Touch-Typing Content
- Proven Methods for Skill-Building
- Unique Drills & Interactive Exercises
- Age-Appropriate Content
- Graphic Guide Hands
- Standard & Split Keyboards
- Multi-Skill Levels
Multi-Level Games Make Learning to Type Fun
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum has over 30+ Game Challenges! Kids can play games in a variety of ways by selecting options from the drop down menu, including words per minute (wpm), level of difficulty, and in some games, select an opponent. Games include multiple levels of play and points scored, so kids are motivated to win the first level, advance to the next level, and achieve a high game score!
Keep your fingers on the keyboard as you move your motorcycle across the desert in Xtreme Typing!
New! Xtreme Typing
This fast moving game teaches kids to keep their fingers on the keyboard to move their motorcycle across the desert and through the heart of the city. When they type accurately and faster than their target words per minute, they see a motorcycle stunt fest! Their bike makes several jumps, flies off ramps, rolls over limousines, and flies over buses.New! Typing With Sharks
This action-packed, underwater adventure helps kids learn challenging keys on the keyboard. They type words quickly to zap hungry sharks and piranhas before they attack their submarine. The deeper they dive, the harder it is to escape, especially from the electric eel, giant squid and the boss shark.New! Flotsam Fighter
Kids use their Flotsam Fighter Space Ship to clean-up space debris (flotsam), and save all four planets in the Aeon Galaxy by zapping space debris from around the planets. The more debris they collect, the more intergalactic credits they earn. Eight challenging levels of play help them develop their typing speed, typing accuracy, and save the Galaxy!New! Tomb Typer!
This 3D interactive game helps kids to improve their typing skills and use their wits! They search an ancient Egyptian tomb by correctly typing words and characters to navigate their way through two levels of intriguing exploration for treasure.The Features of Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum Typing Plans
- Exclusive! Learn in English or Spanish!
- Exclusive! Choose from 10 Typing Plans for specific age groups!
- Structured touch-typing content
- 160 Lessons
- Proven methods for skill-building
- Age-appropriate content
- Standard and split keyboard lessons
- 3D guide hands for all keyboards
- Exclusive! 30+ game challenges
- Exclusive! Advanced level challenges
- Proficiency tests and advancement level tests
- Exclusive! Instantly tracks results!
- Exclusive! WPM scores and accuracy percentages
- Exclusive! Pass tests and get rewards
- Performance assessment for key, finger, hand, and row
- Results calculated from all activities
- Full-color progress charts and graphs
- Printable results
- Certificates of Achievement
- Exclusive! Practice how to type and ergonomics
- Exclusive! Practice games on Explorer Isle and in the Castle Arcade
- Advanced skill-building lessons and challenges
- Exclusive! Exciting castle-seeking theme
- Exclusive! Visit 5 unique lands on Typer Island
- Exclusive! Capture the Castle & advance to the Lost City
- Exclusive! Multi-play games! Play games the way you want!
- Exclusive! Multi-level games! More challenges as you advance
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.